New addition to the MiniDisc player/recorder devices: a Sony MZ-R70 in near mint condition!
No remote included, but it's not a big loss since the original remote didn't have the LCD display anyway and all the functionality is also accessible on the device itself.
I went with this non-NetMD device for the following reasons:
- Nice big LCD screen on the device itself
- Powered by a single AA battery - no hard-to-find gumstick batteries - Also if you're using rechargeable AA batteries, they will (slowly) recharge within the device when you connect the device using the 3V power adapter
- Sturdy housing and buttons
- This one has a mic input
- Two headphone outputs!
- I like to record music real-time - call it nostalgia - but it's part of what I like about MiniDisc - it's back to time when things went a little more slowly
- This one does not do MDLP - but as the point above - it's part of the charm having to deal with media limitations
- Louder mechanical noises when recording and playing, especially when connected to the power adapter. But it's still acceptable.