Actually: Beaker OS would be very similar to Google's Chrome OS which installs on many laptops. What would be necessary to make Beaker OS "bootable" ?
A list of basic applications any computer should have
- Editor: check: basic text editor and coding IDE (similar to VScode)
- Browser: check; similar to Chromium, without the extensions. Also issues with accessibility and internationalization.
- Application platform: check
- Address book: how would we integrate non-beaker profiles in the address book?
- Calendar: CalDav, web client
- Message client (email): web client
- File Manager: check, but issues with syncing with OS FUSE and Hyperdrive
- Terminal: check, and extensible with "Web Term Commands"
- Media player: some examples: Winamp player, video player?
- Photo Management: creating a photo gallery is easy. Web client?
- Chat client: IRCCloud, web clients
- "Office-like" applications: spreadsheet, editor, presentations: offline working spreadsheet?
- Games: many web games already out there. Some multi-player using Beaker api?
- Remote Desktop Client: not sure how this would work.